Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September Fun

Things are still going good for our little family of four. We're all making the adjustment and figuring out how this all really works! Lydia is doing great! She's growing so fast, I can really tell that she's starting to gain a bit of weight and fill in a little. It won't be long until we're out of newborn diapers and clothes now! We had a doctor appt last week and she weighed in at 8 lbs, 1 oz and was up to 21 inches. Doing great! This week she had a bit of gassiness for a few days that bothered here and a few nights of waking every two hours to eat... but last night was MUCH better so here's hoping we'll be sleeping a bit more soon!!
Evie seems to really love her little sister. She's been a great helper for me, getting things that I need or just being good while I need to take care of the baby. I think she especially loves having mommy around to play with 24/7- I love being off work and spending all this time with her! We've been planning lots of fun things to do to fill up our days and really make the most of it- she couldn't be happier about it!

We went on Lydia's first outing on Labor Day- a day in Frankenmuth wandering around like tourists. :) Here's our little picnic:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Lydia with her Godparents, Natalie & Jason
Photobucket

My cute little peanut, all curled up newborn-style. :) I LOVE this cute little bug outfit and am so embarassed that I cannot remember who bought it for her- my mind wasn't all here that first week!! LOL! (Was it you??)
Photobucket

Grandma Mary stealing a few kisses
Photobucket

Usually when Lydia gets to fussing, Evie will say to me: "Should Mommy take care of her?" My cue to take her away!
Photobucket

Last weekend we headed over to the westside of the state to celebrate Cole's birthday- here's Lydia enjoying the outside time
Photobucket

Evie loving the chocolate cupcake!
Photobucket

And Aunt Sara taking over baby holding duty
Photobucket

Anything sweeter than a sleeping baby? Yes, one with hands by their face! Always gets me! :)
Photobucket

She's been awake longer stretches during the day- always my goal so that we get our days and nights straight!
Photobucket

I just can't stand how cute she is!!!
Photobucket

Isn't this sweet? Daddy had her all snuggled up while I was getting ready for the day. I think they look a lot alike.
Photobucket

A fun trip to the zoo last Friday was perfect for Evie!
Photobucket

Photobucket

But all that fun wore little princess right out! She loves riding in my baby carriers
Photobucket

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Mel- Lydia is just so precious!! Love the sleeping baby pics, and the one with Evie. Evie looks like she's a great big sister, very calm even with a screaming baby in her arms. :) Life as a family of four looks like it's treating all of you well!!